“One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again” – C S Lewis. Chronicles of Narnia
STEP INTO the magical world of Narnia this Christmas. The Lingfield Chamber of Commerce will once again be hosting celebrations on 4th December.
The High Street will be closed to traffic and a ‘room’ with a magic wardrobe will be created in the heart of the village.
Once again there will be fairground rides, Father Christmas, a raffle and stalls selling all sorts of Christmas treats. The raffle will raise funds for the world-leading Young Epilepsy Op-Meg Project, helping to improve the lives of young people with epilepsy.
In the run up there is a Narnia treasure trail.
- Many shops, businesses, and locations of interest (library, church etc) are taking part.
- A programme listing participating locations is available from shops.
- Participating shops display a plaque with a letter of the alphabet that – when collected – will spell a Narnia theme.
- The correct answers will be entered for a prize, drawn by local MP Claire Coutinho.
- The trail has been funded by donations and by a generous Gatwick Airport Community Trust grant.
We hope you will join us and enjoy a great family afternoon together!
Download our latest leaflet about Lingfield day below!